Green Smoothie Tips
One of my favorite snacks and something I try to have every day is a green smoothie. I like to try different ones at juice bars when I travel to get some inspiration and tips how to make them myself at home. See below for some tips and things I think about when I make them at home:
- My base usually consist of spinach, kale, cucumber or zucchini, and then frozen mango.
- I sometimes blend in stages to avoid leafy chunks.
- Ginger + lemon + avocado is such a great combo. Avocado makes it really smooth and creamy, and then the ginger and lemon balance up the taste and make it a bit more sour.
- I often add coconut water instead of regular water.
- I often add some green super powders, such as chlorella, spirulina, matcha, or moringa. I never take more than a tea spoon of each though so you can still be able to taste the other ingredients.
- I usually add some hemp protein in order to make it more filling.
- If I want it to taste sweeter, I like to add pineapple. Try it if you haven't, it's delicious!
- If you don't like the bitter vegetable taste that you often get, or simply want a green smoothie with a twist, try putting some nut butter and cinnamon in your blender.
- Mint also gives it a great taste, as well as kiwi, which makes it a bit sour.
- Chia seeds are also great to add, or to use as topping.